23 Jul UVBurning
We see you. You with your bikini and your dark golden tan. You radiate summer and perfect health. We all want your look (except maybe Gwen Stefani) but guess what? That tan is anything but healthy. In fact, did you know the pigment produced when you tan is actually your body’s way of trying to defend your skin from UV exposure? It is quite literally telling you damage has occurred. The burning or browning of the skin is your five-alarms-blaring, lights-flashing, horns-honking way of letting you know that the more you cook, the more chance the deep layers of the skin and DNA in it will be affected. When this happens, cancer is more likely to occur, which we all know is far from the healthy vibe you were going for.
Sun Protection Products + Self-Tanners
But what’s a sun lover to do? Stay indoors all summer long? Stay pasty white? Be covered head to toe in white pasty sunscreen? Nah… we wouldn’t make you do that, especially when we’ve got great, user friendly products to keep you safe all summer long as well as products that give you a summer glow with no DNA-damaging side effects. It’s time to start giving your skin the respect it deserves.
Here are our top picks for keeping your skin protected and beautiful all year round. Now we’re cooking.
- • NARS Multi-Protect Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- • Decleor Hydra Floral Multi-Protection BB Cream SPF 20
- • NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- • Archipelago Milk Lip Balm SPF 15
- • PCA Weightless Protection Sunscreen Broad Spectrum 45
- • PCA Hydrator Plus and Protecting Hydrator SPF 30
- • JAMES READ Sleep Mask Tan Body
- • JAMES READ Sleep Mask Tan Face
- • JAMES READ Clear Bronzing Mist
- • JAMES READ Bronzing Mousse