Before Your Treatment
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk of bruising. Consult with your physician.
- Discontinue natural sun exposure, tanning beds, self-tanners/tanning lotions and spray tans 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate your skin such as waxing or depilatories for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Notify INTERLOCKS MedSpa with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- Caution is advised to persons with a history of herpes simplex in the treatment area. Those who carry the herpes simplex virus and receive laser treatment on their upper lip, chin, lower cheeks or bikini area may have a “flare up” of their condition. This risk of this complication can be reduced if you take a prescribed antiviral medication for a few days before and after each treatment. If you have an active herpes outbreak, your appointment will have to be rescheduled.
After Your Treatment
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 2 weeks post-treatment and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen.
- Bruising, swelling and redness may occur and resolve with time.
- Treated pigment will turn darker (brown to black) within 24-48 hours after treatment and naturally exfoliate off the face typically within 1 week, and off the body within 2-3 weeks.
- Do not pick at treated area
- Avoid heat (Ex. hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc.) for 1-2 days.
Avoid any deep exfoliation treatments such as microdermabrasion, or the use of products containing a chemical exfoliator such as tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, or astringents.